The Oakland Club near Pineville is one of South Carolina's oldest hunting clubs. The club began operations in 1903. The club traditionally held hunting rights to approximately 60,000 acres. Male hunters stayed in the former Bluford Plantation house, built in 1760. This booklet reports on the history and workings of the club. Edited by Selden B. Hill
An exclusive publication of The Village Museum.